Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daddy's Birthday







Yesterday was Andy's birthday and we had the family over last night for some barbecue, cake, and ice cream. Amelia loved playing with cousin Brock, who was such a good sport, letting her climb all over him. Daddy even gave her some home-made ice cream for the first time, and she loved it, too! After partying all evening, Amelia crashed out with daddy reading her all-time favorite book, "Goodnight Moon". We seriously cannot put her down to sleep (naps, too) without reading this book to her at least once. Almost every night, I do this because I love, love, love putting Amelia to bed...but since this was daddy's birthday, I let him sit in the chair with Amelia and read to her. Yes, I said I let him...I guess I need to be a little less stingy with Amelia at bed time. This is just one of the few times during the day that she will actually sit with you without trying to pry her way out of your lap. I'm feeling the need to savor these moments as they are coming fewer and farther between lately! Anyway, happy birthday to daddy-we love you!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday, Andy!