Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Shopping Trip

Yes, Hello Kitty was hanging out in the lingerie department at Macy's. And yes, that's a matching hot pink thong set in the background!







Today Amelia and I went shopping in Fairview Heights with Mimi. This is something we do fairly often, but today was much different than all the other trips we've made. Today, Amelia was a little angel...all day long...even without a nap! This NEVER happens. We usually have to fight her practically all day to stay in the stroller or to stay with us in the store when she's out of the stroller. And when it's her nap time, which she misses when we're shopping because this child refuses to sleep anywhere except her bed, look out people! I'm not joking. I'm not exaggerating. It can get pretty intense! But today Amelia stayed in the stroller peacefully. When she got out, she stood next to us and sang songs. (My current favorite is "Take Me Home Tonight", an 80's fave...not sure where she learned it, but I love that she knows it!!! She's also singing Ozzy's "Crazy Train". She learned that from the recent Honda Pilot commercials where the family is all singing different parts of it. Hilarious!)


Anyway, I feel like I've been in the Twilight Zone today. Let's just say that mommy and Mimi shopped our hearts out with Amelia today! And major bonus: Hello Kitty was at Macy's today! What an awesome surprise it was for a mommy and daughter who are huge fans! We arrived at the store and began hearing announcements about how she was going to be downstairs and you could come take a picture with her. We figured the line would be horribly long, so we thought we'd let the crowd die down a bit before we ventured downstairs. As we were shopping upstairs, we kept hearing the same lady make announcements about Hello Kitty's arrival nearing and how everyone needed to get in line, etc. As her arrival time grew near, the announcements kept getting closer together and the woman on the speakers kept getting more and more out of breath, which was already funny to me. It was like her excitiment was getting the best of her. At about 10:45 a.m.(we still hadn't gone downstairs yet, so we had no idea what was going on down there), she came over the loudspeaker announcing H.K. was here early and she started frantically saying, "everyone move to the side...move over...let H.K. through...everyone move to the..." and that was it! No more out of breath lady on the intercom! I could picture her being trampled by a stampede of little girls trying to mob Hello Kitty! Mom and I laughed and laughed out loud over this. I guess not many other people were listening to the announcements, but we thought it was hilarious!


So we went downstairs about 11:30 and the line was not bad at all. I frantically searched for a hair bow to quickly buy because Amelia's hair was pretty wild at that point, and Amelia stood in line with Mimi. She got so excited when she saw her! A short while later it was our turn and I walked her up to this gigantic H.K. Amelia looked up at her, gave her a high-five, and turned around for a picture. Hello Kitty? Hello Cooperation! (until today, not even a word in Amelia's dictionary!) Amelia then got a Hello Kitty iced cookie and notebook, just for coming to meet her and we were off to continue our shopping.


She was such a good girl today that she got to ride the train and the carousel, too. She didn't even throw a fit when we walked by the rides and I told her we had to eat lunch first. She said ok and kept walking! I'm not sure what got into her today, but I was loving it! What a sweetie!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story about the intercom lady...I can picture you guys yukking it up! Any day featuring Hello Kitty is a good one. -julie c.

Michelle Puckett said...

Only you, Andy, me and your dad understand the true awesomeness of this day....it was totally amazing....Amelia's shopping prowess mirrored her mommy's at that age, finally! Mimi loved it!