Amelia has always splashed around in the tub. She really loves her bubble baths. Lately, though, she has been splashing out of control! I said to her, "Quit splashing so much; you are getting everything all wet!" She replied with, "Mommy, I'm a mermaid!" I have no idea where she got the mermaid thing, but it made total sense!
Amelia has NEVER been a good eater since we started her on table food, but lately it has been way worse. She hardly eats anything and after her two bites, she proclaims, "You done, you done!" to everyone at the table so that we will go play with her...only it's like this: "You duuuuunnnn, you duuuuunnnnn!"
The other day she was playing and randomly started counting to five in Spanish. I can't take credit for that, either. She learns sooooooo much from shows like Dora and Umizoomi. I had no idea she knew how to do that!
One morning I woke Amelia up to get ready for school and with her eyes half closed, she says, "Mommy, Dora not eat junk food." I said, "No, Dora probably doesn't eat junk food. She must be healthy." Amelia replied in a pitiful, upset voice, "No, mommy. Her not healthy. Her just a wittle girl!" Guess she was dreaming about Dora and must have been hungry for junk food, too!


2 comments:
Too funny...good thing you are blogging these precious memories...we would never remember all her comments!
Love her comment about being a mermaid! Maybe in a few summers she'll be flipping her hair in the pool like we used to do! :)
Post a Comment