Happy Valentine's Day to all! What a busy weekend we had here at the Odle household! It all started Saturday morning. I was off to Carbondale to do some shopping for the day while daddy and Amelia were staying home to play. I get a call from Andy one hour into shopping and he says our sump pump is out. So much for shopping! He had to call his mom to come over and watch Amelia until I could get home...Grandma Brenda had already watched Amelia four days in a row this week because our babysitter's been sick...so I definitely did not want her to have to watch Amelia a fifth day!!! Andy ended up having to make two trips to Home Depot (boy, would it be nice to live in Marion at a time like this) and he worked on the silly thing until 10:00 p.m.! Thank goodness for handy Andy, Randy, and Roger! We ended up having a pizza-sump pump- party Saturday night with both sets of grandparents.
Sunday, Valentine's Day, began very nicely with a pancake breakfast from Andy. We played with Amelia all day, while doing some housework and finishing up the sump pump project. We decided to let Amelia have her first overnight stay with my mom and dad so Andy and I could have a much needed peaceful night's sleep. Andy took me shopping (since I didn't get to go yesterday) and when we came out of the mall, it was like a blizzard! We drove 30-40 mph all the way home on the highway. We had no idea the weather was going to be so bad. After some tense driving, we picked up some wine and pasta, and headed home for a romantic dinner by the fireplace and some good 'ol TV! It was nice to spend some time together, although it felt quite different not having our little valentine with us!
Monday morning we woke up to about 3 inches of snow/ice and the city's plow truck stuck in our front yard. When I say stuck, I mean it was buried so far in our ditch that the cinders were about to start spilling out the top side and the left rear tire was up in the air! They brought out another city truck to pull it out, but that didn't work. Then came the backhoe to attempt to pull it out...but the chains broke! Finally, a much bigger chain was brought and the backhoe did pull it out. Boy, do we have a mess to clean up! Hopefully we'll get our ditch problem fixed now, or maybe that's just wishful thinking. So after a quick workout and shower, we headed over to pick up Amelia. She had lots of fun at grandma and grandpa's house, especially watching grandpa Randy plow his driveway with his new four-wheeler blade. She must have played hard over there because she's now taking another nap!
So from our busy home to yours...Happy Valentine's Day! Share the Love!!!


1 comment:
aww it sounds like you had a very nice valentines day. Crazy weather you are having!! I remember Uncle Bob buried me in the huge stinkin' ditch under a bunch of leaves. Did you take any pictures of the truck stuck??!
Post a Comment