Well, the long awaited (at least for me, anyway) end to our Insanity workouts is here! We have successfully completed the 60 days of hard-core, in-your-face, butt-kicking exercises. No more will I have to dread coming home from work only to push my body to its extreme limits. Even through high school when I was training for three sports at the same time, I've never experienced something as physically difficult as this Insanity workout has been. To be honest, I HATED every minute of it. And yes, I counted down every minute of every workout. I never would have gotten through it if it weren't for Andy coaching me and pushing me to "dig deeper" (one of Shaun T.'s-the Insanity guy's-famous phrases). At the time, I actually wanted to slap someone in the face, but now I'm so glad Andy was there to encourage me to work hard up to the end. Amelia helped out, too, as she sat in on numerous Insanity workouts. It got to the point where she got excited to see Shaun T. on the TV, which yes, made us feel a little guilty. In general, she cooperated well, playing in her exersaucer and playpen; however, there were a few workouts I had to cut short to save her from the "Insanity"! I'm just so glad that I am no longer committed to this insanity (I've never heard a more appropriately titled anything in my life) six days a week. And even though I couldn't be happier that this insane chapter of my life is over, I kind of miss it already. I'm sure I'll still work in a few of the DVD's every now and then in my regular workout routine, but nothing like what we've gone through. Honestly, my body is still recovering from the last 60 days. There wasn't one single day that something didn't hurt on me! There also wasn't one single day where the workouts became easier, which is the muscle confusion theory at work. So long story short, yes, the workouts did work. There's really no way they couldn't work, as physically demanding as they were. Here's a few pictures to show my metamorphosis over the last few years:
Pre-pregnant body...ha, should have enjoyed that while it lasted!

Woah momma! Rest assured that was no watermelon in there! By the way, Amelia must have fallen in love with the Twilight series like I did...I decided to read them a second time as I was waiting for her to come. The day after I finished Breaking Dawn I went into labor. Hmmm, should have read faster!
Yeah, I was huge. That's me and my 53 pounds I gained.
Ok, this is seriously embarassing...keep the laughter to yourselves! This is pre-Insanity...Still had 12 pounds to lose and lots of toning to do.
And the post-Insanity picture...I'm happy with the results, but I still have some work to do around the middle!
The official results:
Seven pounds lost
(only 5 more to go...I think I actually put on some muscle weight)
Three pant sizes smaller
And yes, I can even wear some of my pre-pregnancy pants!!!
The most exciting part to me: Toned and tight legs that bring me back to my cheerleading days...woohoo!!!
The bottom line is, I'm still a work in progress. Aren't we all? I'll keep sweating it out and see what happens. But if this is as good as it gets, well, I've got the sweetest little girl in the world and that's good enough for me!
3 comments:
Holy cow, this is motivating me to work a little harder!! You look phenomenal! I love your maternity bathing suit.
Now I feel like I should leave work and go to the gym! haha! You look fabulous!
Awesome Andrea! I just got home from the gym and saw your pics! I think they have inspired me to take a few of my own to track my results as I train for my marathon :D Congrats! Your such a hot mom hehe!
Post a Comment