Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, August 28, 2010

DuQuoin State Fair



Amelia made her first trip to the fair tonight with mommy, daddy, grandma, and grandpa. The visit started off bumpy with Amelia busting open her mouth on the steering wheel of a "gator" type atv, but she only cried for a little bit. She was very happy the rest of the night, thank goodness! She rode her very first ride, a train, with mommy. Then we went to the horse stables and Amelia imitated the horse's noises, which was pretty entertaining. Next, we ventured over to the pony rides and daddy helped Amelia ride her very first horse! As you can see, Dora made it home safely with us. She even buckled up for the Illinois State Troopers. Dora really does do it right! It was a fun trip with my mom and dad. It's pretty neat and weird to think that 28 years ago, they were doing the exact same thing with me. I've seen pictures of my first fair (I would have been a week older than Amelia), riding a car ride and experiencing my first pony ride as well. Like mother, like daughter, I guess! By the way, for the last week or so, Amelia has been calling me "mum-mum" and saying it all the time...which I am eating up because for a while, all she would say is da da da da da! I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

No comments: