Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Master bathroom





Well, in the midst of wrapping up our summer break, Andy and I decided to remodel our master bathroom. The whole story is Andy's shower in the basement went out of order so it only made sense to turn the bathtub into a shower in our master bath. We tiled (yes, WE...I didn't do as much work as Andy, but I did glue, tile, and grout!) the shower surround walls and halfway up the walls around the room. It's a small bathroom, so it didn't take a ton of materials. I decided to go with blue for the walls and changed up the bedding to match. It's very spa-like, an environment we crave...now we just need double masseuses to go with it!
I would like to add how thankful I am that we did the majority of the remodeling on our house BEFORE miss Amelia came along. Whew! It was tough trying to get things done on the bathroom with her around. Actually, she stayed at my mom and dad's (thank you!!!) for a few days off and on so we could get to work. Although it only took us a week to get finished, I think both of our bodies really felt the brunt of the work more so than the last 6 years of working on the house. Does that mean we're getting old??? Nah, must have been the weather!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! You guys did a great job! I'll sign you up next summer to come and tile my bath...lol! Natalie

JParm said...

Looks fantastic! If you and Andy are ever in the Columbus area, we have a few projects around our house that could use your expertise!

Anonymous said...

Amelia and I had a great time while you two were tiling away! You both did a great job...looks beautiful!