Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our Valentine

This year we celebrated Valentine's Day one day early because I actually had to leave Monday morning for the Beta Convention in Springfield, IL. It was incredibly hard not to spend the day with my two Valentines, but someone had to take 18 eighth graders to the convention! Amelia took Hello Kitty valentines and red velvet cupcakes for her day care friends. She even had a valentine outfit to wear (see below). Mommy went with the Hello Kitty theme for Valentine's day this year. And although Amelia does love Hello Kitty, mommy just may love her even more! I adored Hello Kitty when I was little, but there just wasn't the merchandise like you can find now-a-days. Of course, I HAD to get these oh-so-cute pink galoshes for this spring. It is pretty funny watching Amelia try to walk in them. It's like she's having to learn to walk all over again.

Amelia's Hello Kitty doll goes everywhere with her now...this is bedtime snack in her valentine jammies.
This is Amelia opening her valentine presents. Yep, that's a Hello Kitty beach towel. She also got a new bikini for this season. It was a long running tradition that I would get a bathing suit for Valentine's Day, in anticipation for the upcoming summer, so I decided to continue the tradition with Amelia.

As part of her gift from G & G Puckett, Grandma decided to round up all of mommy's plastic statues that she used to collect and bring them over for Amelia's enjoyment. These are the contents of just ONE container, and this is what we mostly step on around the house now. Thanks, Grandma!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, are those all the toys from the McDonald's happy meals? I think my mom kept all of ours too...I think there are 2-3 large bins full of them in the Secret Hide-Out. I wonder when Ava will get them all? :)

Andrea said...

Yes, toys from Mceedee's and all other fast food joints, plus store bought ones as well. I think I was obsessed!

JULIE said...

I still like your Cabbage Patch house the best!