Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Papa's 50th







Grandpa Randy, whom Amelia has affectionately named "Papa", turned the big 5-0 on February 16th. I know that was almost a month ago, but Papa and Mimi (that's what we think Amelia's settled on calling Grandma Michelle...we still can't get her to say Gramdma) took off on a trip to Hawaii and I was waiting on her to send me these pics before I wrote the post. Their trip was to celebrate my dad's fiftieth birthday and also their thirtieth wedding anniversary on February 28! Dad didn't make it to the Daytona 500 this year, but he did get to watch it in the tiki bar on the beach in Hawaii, which actually sounds better if you ask me!!! Of course, they had a wonderful trip, but Mimi says they cried the last two days because they missed their babies...So I decided to plan a trip for us all to go to Destin on spring break!
On dad's actual birthday, we had Italian Beef from IV's out at the shop. (See top pics) Since the recent Gould's Electric and Wallace Electric Systems merge, there were a lot of people there to celebrate and eat lunch with dad. Mom and I were able to zoom out there on our lunch hours and shovel in some food before zooming back to school. Dad got a new orange ipod with the laser engraving "Rockin' Randall" so he can listen to his tunes while he exercises. He can even plug it in his truck and car to listen to all his CD's at once. I think he had a nice birthday and an even nicer, relaxing trip. Can't wait to take a trip with you and mom! Love you, Dad! Wishing you many, many more!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited to see Amelia play in the ocean...thanks for the special post....Love Dad!

Andrea said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Randy!

JParm said...

Happy birthday, Rockin' Randall Lee! I will always remember this nickname from when we saw Toby Keith play in WF, and you told him to give you call to go fishing the next time he was in town. Fun memories. Hope you had a great day :)