Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Friday, April 22, 2011

I guess this is what happens...




...when you are a few months away from turning 30! After six months of trying to grow my hair out longer, I finally gave up. I mean, what's the point, really? I decided I wasn't going for the "desperate housewife" look, so off it came! It feels soooooooooo much better, not having it hanging around my face and on my neck, both of which drove me absolutely nuts! I like it so much that I'm going back to get a few highlights to accent the piece-i-ness of it and to get the back cut a little shorter.


On another note, I recently applied for a third grade position in town. Yes, that's correct...even though I've worked here four years, I still had to apply as if they hadn't ever hired me. So after spending a weekend working on the application-again-and going through the interview process-again-I got the news this past Monday night that I will indeed be moving to third grade next year!!! I'm so excited to get back to teaching elementary grades. It is such a rewarding experience and I can't wait!


So, with a new hairdo and a new job, all I have to say is..."Look out, 30, there's a sassy lady coming to getcha!"


2 comments:

Chris said...

Hello Kitties! Lots to catch up with--love Amelia's hat and your new haircut--you are looking very Parisian :) Thanks for all the great pics and smiles.

JULIE said...

You look so pretty! I was waiting and waiting for your new post. You look like Audrey Hepburn, and it frames your face well. My dad said it was short and I thought he might be exaggerating! We have such good genes, don't we? Haha. Double thumbs up!