Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Clowing around, cozy kitties, and classic dress-up

Amelia loves to swing and lately, she likes to hang on the "big girl swing" on her stomach and twist back and forth. I can remember doing this as a little girl. She is getting way too big-I think she looks like a three year old here, for sure!


Acting silly while having a snack


Finally-hair that will go into pigtails!



Gray-Gray and Blackie love to visit in the house every night. These cats are so lovable and boy, do they love the attention!



Playing on the swing again! We have had a pretty mild February, so winter has not seemed to last long this year. Bring on the spring!



Newest favorite thing: playing dress-up. I showed Amelia where her dress up drawer is in her room and now she drags everything out of it (daily) and parades around the house with most of it on. Most of the time, she wants mommy and daddy to wear something, too!


Seriously, how adorable?! Best. kitties. ever.


Gem-sticker nails...fun to put on, not so fun to console a two year old when they fall off. Definitely not so fun to find them stuck to the floor everywhere!


Yes, we STILL use our changing table. Even though 1/4 of Amelia's body doesn't fit on it and hasn't for the last year. There is no way I could wrestle her to the floor and deal with bending and leaning over with my back the way it is. Thankfully, we don't have to use the table so much because she mostly uses the potty now. At day care, Amelia stays dry ALL DAL LONG. No kidding...only uses one pull-up a day there. She even goes into the bathroom, pulls her pull-up down, pees, wipes, then pulls her pull-up and pants up by herself. At home...not so much. Most of the time she does ok, but sometimes she refuses to go. I think she is just in the routine at day care and gets more easily distracted at home. I'm still very happy with her progress and hopefully by the summer we will be pull-up free!


Dress-up again in her Dora jammies, shell necklace, flower, pig tails, and her favorite dress-up item, her pink "bawaweena tutu".


A few side notes:

When I ask Amelia to do something, now she replies with, "All, wight, mommy." So cute, and agreeable. I love it! Of course, she's not that agreeable all the time!


For the last month, we have watched Team Umizoomi at least a million times. Cute show, but we are so tired of it! Within the last two days, however, she has asked for Dora and Mickey Mouse. I am so thankful for the change, plus, I kind of missed these shows.


Amelia's favorite movie is the Aristocats. She laughs and laughs throughout the whole movie. She says I'm Duchess, she's Marie, and daddy's Thomas O'Malley, the alley cat!


She's getting very good at repeating what she hears. Cute most of the time, appropriate some of the time, but funny all of the time. One night she was pretending to put Andy to bed and after tucking him in, she got close to his face and whispered in a scary voice, "I don't want to hear another peep from you!" Filter, anyone?


When it's time for bed, I ask her to say her prayers and she says, "Thank you for our food, Amen!" I guess they must be teaching her that at day care! When I tell her, "Night, night, I love you, Amelia," she replies with, "Night, night, I wub you, mommy!" It's moments like these that I wish I could freeze in time!

3 comments:

Michelle Puckett said...

Sweet, adorable, and funny...love it!

JParm said...

Way to go with the potty training, Amelia! She looks EXACTLY like you in the second picture, Andrea!

Chris said...

Thanks for the great update and pictures!