I wanted to mention that Andy and I just celebrated our sixth anniversary on June 19. He surprised me with a little getaway to St. Louis and a stay at the Hyatt hotel (formerly Adams Mark) right across from the arch. We ate a lovely dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse, which was conveniently located at our hotel. The restaurant staff couldn't have been nicer, dressing up our table with red rose petals and everyone wishing us a happy anniversary. And the steaks, oh my!!! It was unbelievable! Served on a 500 degree plate and all. They were TO DIE FOR!!! And just when we didn't think it could get any better (after all, it's not every day we enjoy a relaxing dinner, complete with wine, at such a fancy place), our waitress informed us that we had a complimentary dessert waiting for us. We chose the cheesecake, and boy, did we choose right! They brought out what I can only describe as a little, well, actually, huge piece of heaven! It was a miniature cheesecake topped with fresh summer berries. Again, my, oh my was it delish!

After dinner, we headed to the new casino and met quite an interesting man on the way there. He went on and on about the Four Seasons hotel at the casino and that we should stay there sometime. So we decided to go have drinks at the bar, located on the eighth floor terrace. What an awesome experience! We relaxed outside, looking out at the city, with a cool breeze on a hot summer night. The terrace has a salt water pool, lounge area, sitting area around a fire, and a very chic bar. The ambience was definitely upscale New York, not STL, so definitely worth the visit and the moolah for drinks! It was a very relaxing weekend for mommy and daddy and Amelia had a blast with G & G Puckett. So thanks to my hubby-love ya, babe!
Andy also celebrated his first father's day this past Sunday. We went to church and boy, did Amelia make daddy work for his title! I kind of think it's funny because she makes me work for it quite often! Andy ended up having to take her outside in the sweltering heat. They both came back covered in sweat (more so daddy than Amelia). We hung out around the house the rest of the day and had dinner for our dads in the evening.
Here's a little peek into what Amelia's been doing lately:
Her avatar impersonation
Giving mommy kisses
Walking update...she now RUNS from me when I try to catch her!
Amelia is also cutting a top tooth...bad news for mommy and daddy at night! A few nights ago, after getting up with her for the tenth time, I realized that as much as I felt sorry for her, I was feeling REALLY sorry for myself as well!!! I think it's almost through the gum, so maybe her discomfort will subside soon, I'm hoping. We're having family pictures done Monday so I'm hoping for a sweet little girl posing for the camera!


1 comment:
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you celebrated in style. Also that parenting is getting a bit more challenging--it will all pass--in a couple of years!! A belated happy birthday to Andy, and an early happy birthday to Andrea :D Ciao!
Post a Comment