Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sayonara Summer!

Body slamming Buster



Watching Baby Einstein DVD


This DVD is the ONLY thing that makes her stay still longer than 5 seconds!

Cruisin' in style



Playing with her Little People house

Another ride on Petunia the pink pony (By the way, she now "trick" rides her...as in, she stands on her back!!!)

As you may have guessed, school started this past week. What a bummer-with a capital B! The freedom we enjoyed for the last couple months is over. Back to the daily grind of teaching 175 students e-v-e-r-y day! Did I mention I teach 8th grade??? Challenging, to say the least! Several of us teachers have met over the summer to work on a new positive behavior intervention system (PBIS) to implement this year. After only three days at work, we have succesfully trained the whole faculty and all 300+ students on the procedures and behaviors we expect them to follow and display. It has been SO MUCH WORK, but I know it will pay off in the long run. I've included several pictures of what Amelia's been up to lately. It's been so much fun spending so much time with her that going to work everyday now is pretty hard. We're fortunate to have wonderful child care so that's not a concern at all. And I'm sure my kids at school will have me so busy that I'll hardly have time to contemplate not being at home. I'd also like to mention that it is nice to have a break from my baby every now and then. Hmmm, if only school were two days a week! Ha! That would be the life! I know some of you are thinking, "Yeah, like your summer break isn't enough?" Hey, I don't make the school calendar! I just go to work when I'm supposed to! Well, thankfully, we have the weekends off together, so we'll enjoy that time! We started this weekend off just right with some shopping on Saturday, then it was pool time on Sunday. And tomorrow??? You guessed it! I'll be heading to CJHS bright and early!

2 comments:

JParm said...

Are you using your tunnel to block your entertainment center? Smart.

JULIE said...

It seems that Amelia likes to torment her doggies, because when I was there she was throwing that little puppy around! I like these pics of the little tykes car in the driveway, reminds me of how we used to play with that old one in the same driveway when we were little! Amelia's is much cooler than ours, though, very girly!