Today we went for her well check-up. She weighs 26.3 pounds (75%), and is 34 inches tall (97%). Our pediatrician asked if we had any concerns and right on cue, Amelia started her "puppy dog whine". I asked if all that whining was normal to which he quickly laughed and responded, "It will only get worse!" Gee, thanks, doc! Right now I'm thinking there's no way, but I guess if there's a will, there's a way, right? And I think we all know Amelia has a very, very, very strong will! However, we've been trying to get her to tell us what she wants, and she's actually doing much better with using words-thank goodness! Anyway, Amelia was pretty upset after mommy restrained her for the exam and shots so I told Andy to go get her a sucker since she was such a good girl. Daddy came back with a blueberry sucker. Guess what color that was? Yep, you guessed it-BLUE! Guess what color our child was by the time we got home? Guess what color her stuffed animal, Muno, was after she insisted on sharing the sucker with him? I think we'll stick to pink suckers next time!
We were incredibly surprised to learn that her next scheduled visit won't be until she turns two and she's done with vaccinations until she's ready for kindergarten. Hooray! I'm so glad because she was really starting to develop a negative attitude towards the doctor's office.
So I guess we'll see what the next six months bring in developmental stages for Amelia. Should be fun!


3 comments:
What a ham!
I love these pictures! Unfortunately, the whining definitely gets worse. We are at a much better place, so you can look forward to two and a half. If I remember correctly, I was still whining in high school!
She's got a ton of teeth now, like a shark! And I'm glad to see that she still likes Muno, hehe.
Post a Comment