Sunday, May 22, 2011
22 Months
It has finally stopped raining everyday around here so we've been able to get back outside and play. Amelia L-O-V-E-S playing with/in water-whether we are inside or out! If you give her a bucket of water, she is entertained for quite some time. She likes watering my flowers, herself, and she will even "water" you if you're not careful!
This is how Amelia usually unwinds before bedtime. She loves to sit on her Dora couch with a blankie and her milk and watch a little TV. Most of the time, we watch Elmo, Spongebob, Fraggle Rock, or the WonderPets, but lately, we've been watching Dancing with the Stars. Yes, she loves watching dancing with mommy! She'll even do her own little routine in front of the TV while the couples are dancing! I keep trying to catch this on video, but she stops by the time I get out the Flip camera.
Andy showed Amelia how to put a ball under her shirt and she thought it was the funniest thing ever! She ran laps around the living room and each time it fell out, she insisted it be put back.
Dinner time is still quite messy and most of the time, Amelia eats pretty good. However, there are still those times where she refuses to eat. So we put her down and as soon as we sit down to eat, she wants in our lap and wants to eat what's on our plate! I'm wondering if we'll ever have a peaceful family dinner!
Sometimes, Amelia likes to sit on her potty...for long periods of time...like she'll sit there for a good 5-15 minutes after a bath wrapped up in her towel. She has peed on the potty several times, but nothing consistent. I think she's about ready for potty training because at times, she'll grap her diaper and say "pee-pee" so it seems like she's at least aware of what's going on. We'll see...only one more week of school left and then it's summertime, which is when I said I would start working with her for potty training. We're also going to attempt to get rid of her pacifier, which I'm much more nervous about. She HAS to have her paci when she goes to sleep. I'm afraid I'm going to be a walking zombie whose nerves are shot. That, coupled with the fact that I'm making my baby give up something that comforts her makes me kind of sad. We'll see how it goes...but I'm not making any promises that I won't cave and give it back to her if she is miserable for days without it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You had your choo choo until almost three!
Post a Comment