Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mama...

is what Andy taught Amelia to say to me today. How cute is that???



Today has been a glorious day spent with family and perfect weather in the 80's with sunshine. After mass, we went to Rend Lake Resort for a nice buffet lunch with my mom and dad. We took a walk down to the lake after eating because Amelia wanted to see the "wa-wa". However, because of the recent flooding, we encountered some debris and a nasty fish smell. We didn't think anything of it until Amelia started gagging. It didn't take us long to figure it out...she literally almost threw up because of the smell. It was pretty funny, actually. So after that, we went home for Amelia's nap and I finished up planting my flowers. I am so thankful to be not just a mom, but Amelia's mama! She is the sweetest little girl ever, especially when she wraps her arms around me, squeezes me with all her might, and plants a big 'ole kiss right on my face! I am also thankful for my mom, who never ceases to amaze me as being the Superwoman she is. Amelia must also think she's Superwoman because she is practically obsessed with "Mimi". And I mean she loves her Mimi and she loves spending time with her! On this Mother's Day, I am reminded of exactly how much I love them both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great day...love Mom!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day, Andrea! Hope the nice weather continues for you. :)