Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Adventures of Jenny

Last week was one of the worst weeks ever. Jenny was lost for six days! She ran down to Murph's (which she does on a daily basis) last Saturday night and didn't come home. We spent all day Sunday searching in the rain for her. I'm truly surprised we didn't get shot because we were snooping around people's yards and outbuildings in rain slickers in the pouring down rain! Monday we started hanging Lost Dog signs around the neighborhood. As the week went on, we expanded our search to most of WF. I networked on Facebook to get the word out and went around to all the classrooms at FIS and CJHS to get all the kids involved. I even put an ad on Craigslist! We called the pound and local animal hospitals. My mom and dad helped us search everyday, as well as Andy's mom and dad while we were at work. Our neighbors were helping us look. Amelia even went with us in her stroller. We would stop every once in a while to look under a building, and Amelia would say, "Jenny in that barn?" Everyone was looking for Jenny! While on the hunt, I actually found a lost kitty who luckily had a collar and a tag on, so I called the number and reunited her with her owner...a very happy little girl! At this point, I was really hoping karma would work my way! We started getting some tips where someone would say they saw her, so we would search that area after work until dark. We did this all.week.long. It was mentally exhausting. Thursday and Friday we ran an ad in the newspaper. I was just about convinced that she had either gotten hit or ran off and died. We had Uncle Scott and his dog, Lucy, search the woods for her body. Nothing. Finally, Friday morning, a man who lives about four blocks from our house spotted Jenny in the street in front of his house. Having seen the ad in the newspaper, he knew it was her. He brought her down to Roger and Brenda's house, and sure enough, it was Jenny! She was extremely skinny, but alive! I guess she got really confused and couldn't find her way home. We took her to the vet Saturday morning to make sure she was ok. The only thing wrong (other than her old age problems) was that she contracted some type of weird worm, treatable with medicine. What a lucky doggy!!! How lucky are we that she was found!

Needless to say, she's locked in our fenced in back yard for good!




1 comment:

Chris said...

Picture of Jennie worth framing!