Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Monday, October 3, 2011

Apple Orchard

We ventured out to Eckert's orchard in Belleville this weekend. Amelia ran around like crazy, as usual. No controlling her...ever. They had plenty for her to do. First we checked out the grocery store/bakery. Then it was time for a picnic lunch outside. She explored the giant pumpkins outside the store, then it was off to the rides and the apple orchard. Here's her bag of fresh kettle corn-yummy! I volunteered to ride the ferris wheel with her. It was a small little kids ferris wheel. The cage was barely big enough to fit my legs. Everything was fine until I leaned back and our cage almost flipped backwards! Let me not forget to mention the crowd of adults gathered around to watch their kids ride. Let me also not forget to mention the scream I let out as the cage rocked dangerously. And might I also add the laughter that erupted from the crowd. Glad I could provide some entertainment! I guess I was a little too hefty for it...the worker reassured me that it was ok, but I was not convinced, so I leaned forward the entire time. Luckily, it didn't last too long, and the worker let us off first. Whew!








It was Mimi's turn to ride this one!



Golden Delicious...Amelia sampled just about every apple that was on the ground-rotten or not!















Not happy about leaving the orchard!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great day...your cheering section thanks for the laughs on the ferris wheel!

Chris said...

Beatiful pics--so colorful and sharp! What kind of camera are you using? Looks like a fall day of fun. Grandma Nancy loved getting fruit in the orchards. We would come back with bushels of apples and peaches!