Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Destin 2012

This spring break, we headed back down to Destin, Florida.  We rented a condo at Hidden Dunes, which was right down the beach from where we stayed last year at Tops'l.  Very nice, white sandy beaches with crystal clear water until the last day when jelly fish spawn (millions) washed up on the beach.  Yuck!  The weather was gorgeous-highs in the 70's, clear blue skies, and tons of sun!  With it only being April, the ocean and pool water was still pretty chilly (to my standards), but it was so enjoyable to bask in the sun and not sweat to death.  On Easter Sunday, we went to church, and let me just say I've never seen that many Catholic people in one place in my life!  We camped out in the garden among the flowers and pine trees and a statue of Michelangelo's Pieta.  We made it until communion, then we were off to a fancy Mexican brunch.  Fresh avacado made at your table, tasty margaritas, the best flautas I've ever had...I was one happy camper!  See picture of my meal below!  The rest of the week was spent on the beach, at the pool, visiting with David, Becky, Bethany, Madison, Savannah, and Max, shopping, and fine dining!  We had a blast and were very sad to have to come home.  Several places were for sale down there...



Baytowne Pier-one of my favorite places down there.  So much to do!





Using the travel potty-quickly became a favorite thing!


Easter brunch-yummo!

Making friends after brunch


A good book (read the whole Hunger Games trilogy), a drink, and the beach = heaven!




Papa's treasure
























Last night there-Joe's Crab Trap on the beach!  Good food, good drinks, playground on the beach, and pretty dune pics!







4 comments:

JParm said...

This looks so awesome! i absolutely love the pictures of Amelia's little swimsuit wedgie and her on the travel potty- made me laugh! You guys got some great family pictures, too.

Michelle Puckett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Puckett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Puckett said...

Third times a charm. I canNOT get Destin out of my mind....I want to go back!