Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Stand-up Comic

Amelia's latest bit:

After picking her up from day care one day this past week, I explained I needed to go get more vitamins from the chiropractor.  As we're driving this is our conversation:

Amelia:  "Well, I want a sucker then."
Me:  "We'll have to see if they have some."

As we pull up to the chiropractor...

Amelia:  "This looks like a doctor's office."
Me:  "Well, it is."
Amelia:  "Doctor office have suckers."(Ok, I have a very observant child who can draw conclusions already at the age of 2.5.)
Me:  "I'm not sure if they have some, but we'll check."  (Cold fear building up inside me for both the people in the office and me because I know I'll have to face a two year old tantrum if there aren't any suckers!

As we're walking into the office...I swing the door open to the building and Amelia pauses to say:

(Inhales deeply)  "Mmmmmmmmmm, I smell suckers!"
Me:  Seriously, THIS is what I'm talking about.  This kid is too damn smart, cunning, witty, etc!!!

Thank the Lord, they had suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, the McDonald's in town has completely remodeled inside and out, complete with a new playland.  We would never take Amelia to the old one because it was too big, and too nasty.  We braved it a few weeks ago, and have been back again.  Very nice, not too big, and it is still clean!  Amelia has come up with the name, "Old MacDonald's" for the restaurant and "Old MacDonald's Playland" for the playland.  Pretty clever!

No comments: