Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, January 10, 2010

6 months old

Mommy's little girl...almost half the length of mommy!

Daddy bought Amelia a sheepdog stuffed animal (Buster III) for her sixth month birthday. He used to have two sheepdogs just like this.

Hey, buddy

Sharing secrets

Big girl dinner

Can it be? Amelia Marie is six months old today! It's so hard to believe. She is really growing up quickly. Just over Christmas break, she started sitting by herself while she plays. She also started "walking" in her walker. She rolls around the house fairly quickly, laughing the whole way. Amelia is eating solids three times a day now, as is evidenced by her chunky little body. She began second stage foods today. Tonight for dinner she had vegetable beef and a mixture of apple/strawberry/banana fruit. She's drinking a little bit of juice out of a sippy cup, although I'm not sure exactly how much she's actually getting down. Most of it just comes back out. I think she mostly just likes to chew on the spout of the cup. I've ordered lots of baby proofing stuff for the house because I know it's not going to be much longer before she's crawling everywhere. Tune in this week for the stats of her doctor's appointment.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Happy six months to Amelia! Adorable doggy and I think she already loves it. She'll be an animal lover for sure. Better start saving now for her riding lessons--you can also tell she loves her pony. Such big smiles! Happy daze to mom and dad too, and congratulations!

JParm said...

Happy half birthday, Amelia!!

Chris said...

P.s. Think I gotta have copy of pic of Amelia and doggy, so cute! Also, thanks for the update on moving about and food etc. She'll soon be a whirling dervish in that walker--watch out! LOL