Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

We survived the 1.5 hour doctor's appointment this evening! The office was extremely busy and with our pediatrician on vacation this month, they were short on staff. We saw the new practitioner, which we also like. It's just that our pediatrician is very funny...we missed getting to talk to him today. Anyway, Amelia is doing very well for 6 months old. Doc said all is looking great. She weighs 19lb 5 oz (90-95th percentile) and is 28 inches long (95th percentile). Crazy to think she's already grown 7 inches! Two nurses gave her shots today. I was really dreading this because our ped is soooooooo quick that he's got all four done in the blink of an eye. Well, these two young girls had it done equally as quick. I held Amelia's arms down and they each got one leg. They counted to three and then "stick"! I was distracting Amelia-it was kind of funny. When the needles went in, she looked at me like, "What the heck was that?" Then the pain registered. Screaming ensued along with some heart wrenching crocodile tears. Within one minute, she was done crying. We got the heck out of there (appeasing her for 1.5 hours was not fun!), picked up a pizza on the way home, and we were home in time for Amelia's dinner, bath, and bedtime. What a busy day! Hopefully next appointment will be shorter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont you just love Dr. Reddy!! He loves to make fun of me. :)

Leah

Mojave Desert Man said...

Poor Amelia! I kicked a medicine vial out of Tessie's hand one time...MDM doesn't like shots either!

Jaimie said...

Urhhg! I hate shots, I am glad they did it quick!