Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A little ingenuity goes a long way




Every morning, Amelia likes to sit in her walker in my bathroom doorway and stare at me while I'm getting ready. I try to push her down the hall to go for a little ride, but she comes right back. I don't know what's so exciting about fixing my hair and putting on makeup, but she eats it up. Lately, however, she starts to get bored with it, yet she doesn't want to leave. So what does she do? She starts whining like a little puppy. I think she wants me to hurry up so she can chase me around the house or play with something else. So yesterday morning, I'd about had all the puppy fussing I could take, so I pulled out a bath towel, spread it across the floor, grabbed a few pillows off the spare bed across the hall, as well as a few of Amelia's toys. And voila! A makeshift playpen in my bathroom floor for Amelia to play in while I finished getting ready. As you can see from the pictures, it didn't entertain her for very long, but long enough for me to finish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Choo Choo - mommy is an engineer! Is there anything this woman can't do? Just when I thought I had it all....a beautiful baby girl, and an outstanding wife, she brings more positive traits to the table. Indeed, I am a lucky man.

Dad

JULIE said...

haha these are cute pics