Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Check-up

One day old

One year old

See any difference???

We took Amelia for her one year check-up this week. She's grown another two inches since April, putting her at 33 inches, which is at the top of the charts yet again! Her weight has slowed down a bit. She gained two pounds since April, putting her at 23 pounds, which is 75th percentile. I can't believe there are heavier one year olds than her-I think she's stout enough as it is! Our pediatrician told us no more baby food, even though she still only has her bottom two teeth. (Her top two are coming in at the same time and boy, do we all know it!) So table food it is! We'd been trying to get her to eat regular food for about a month, but she just didn't seem quite ready for it. Well, ready or not, here it comes! She's doing ok with it, but it just doesn't seem like she's eating much, compared to when I feed her, because more than half of the food ends up on the floor when she feeds herself. Clean-up stinks! We also asked about her little, ahem, "fits" she's been throwing. Doc says to ignore her. Walk away. Ha! Easier said than done sometimes, but we're trying! Amelia wasn't very happy about her shots this time, but as always, our ped. had all three done in no time and she stopped crying before we left the room. Of course now, she has a runny nose and a cough...seems to always happen after a doctor's appointment, but I know it's probably just a coincidence as I've had a little bit of a head cold this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my baby - can't wait until I'm over this cold so I can play with her!