This time around, the weather was much more cooperative at the fair. It was very cool (Amelia actually wore her Levi's and a jacket) so we were able to walk around and really enjoy the sights and sounds as opposed to last weekend when we were all so hot it was hard to think. First stop was the merry-go-round. I wanted to ride with her, however, as soon as the ride began, I was wishing it was daddy instead. I couldn't believe how fast that thing went around and how high and low the horses went. It was quite the workout for mommy, but Amelia enjoyed it. Daddy rode the train with Amelia this time. It was cute to see her reaction to the ride as she watched us every time it went around the track. Then we were off to see the campers and cows. Amelia loved the cows-grandpa put her up close and personal with them until mommy disapproved when one of the cows almost licked her boots! By the way, are those not the cutest pink cowboy boots you've ever seen?! I don't know how many people commented on them that night. They were definitely a hit! We couldn't leave the fair without one last pony ride...after we watched the human cannonball, of course. Again, mommy wanted to walk alongside her this time, and again, I was wishing it were daddy. The ponies walked a little too fast for me, although Amelia was all smiles. As if trying to make sure she stayed on the horse was not a challenge enough, I had to dodge all the horse droppings as well as the workers who were coming at me with pitchforks to try and cover it up. Pretty comical if I do say so myself! Amelia loves the animals and outdoors so much that were thinking she just might turn out to be a little farm girl. Daddy asked how much a pony would cost before we left the fair. Do we have a hooved four-legged friend in our future? I'm not sure about that, but I do know we loved the fair...twice in a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment