Well, I'd like to say that we are trying out a "Rocky" costume for Halloween, but unfortunately, what you see is not makeup. Amelia fell off the garage step onto the concrete floor yesterday and got quite a bump on the head with a swollen black eye to boot! Of course we took her to the doctor to check it out and he said she's fine! Whew! I was quite worried about her eye. The swelling isn't quite as bad today, but it looks like I've overdone it on the French you-know-what look. (I get the saying from my family because my aunt Linda used to put makeup on me and dress me up like a hooker when I was not much older than Amelia! I would tone down the look with a rosary worn as a necklace, however.) She's been in good spirits ever since it happened. Well, after the 30 minutes of crying, I should say. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. What a trooper! I'm hoping this is not a sign of adventures to come, but as "active" as she is, I'm sure I'll have more stories to share!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
My kid's tougher than your kid
Well, I'd like to say that we are trying out a "Rocky" costume for Halloween, but unfortunately, what you see is not makeup. Amelia fell off the garage step onto the concrete floor yesterday and got quite a bump on the head with a swollen black eye to boot! Of course we took her to the doctor to check it out and he said she's fine! Whew! I was quite worried about her eye. The swelling isn't quite as bad today, but it looks like I've overdone it on the French you-know-what look. (I get the saying from my family because my aunt Linda used to put makeup on me and dress me up like a hooker when I was not much older than Amelia! I would tone down the look with a rosary worn as a necklace, however.) She's been in good spirits ever since it happened. Well, after the 30 minutes of crying, I should say. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. What a trooper! I'm hoping this is not a sign of adventures to come, but as "active" as she is, I'm sure I'll have more stories to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, that is a good one! What a tough little cookie. By the way, I almost got sick riding the merry-go-round at the fair. So did my mom.
Now that's a shiner! Glad to have an(other) adventuress in the family :)
Post a Comment