Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Boo Park





















This was Amelia's first trip to Book Park, an awesome memorial park just south of Carbondale on Giant City Road. As you can see, there are some really cool statues and sculptures, fountains, benches, wizards, dragons, and an out-of-this-world castle. Of course, Amelia was more concerned with the other kids playing at the park than with the park fixtures (check out her little friend she made, escorting her through the castle). Which is why I am so thrilled to say that we are starting day care in November! We decided it was time for Amelia to start hanging out with little kids seeing how she stalks them every time we're out and about. She will be going to a small, licensed in-home day care with just five other kids. We are super excited for her to have this new experience...I guess this also means she's growing up. Insert a bucket full of tears here. I'd even venture to say mommy will probably have more transitioning to do than Amelia. Tune in November 1 for a full recap of her first day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amelia's top picks at Boo Park....water fountain, stalking other kids, small statues, castle, and more water!