Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Born on the 4th of July

As most everyone knows, I was born on July 4, 1981. Yesterday, I turned 30 years old!!! And just like any good little firecracker...I grew up thinking that all those fireworks everyone was setting off were just for me! How special I thought I was! I still laugh at myself for that. Growing up, we used to go camping every year on my birthday, so there was always a big fireworks display at the lake to enjoy. This year we had a family get-together at my mom and dad's house. Amelia dressed in red, white, and blue for the occasion. (FYI...she does NOT like the fireworks...yet!)


Andy and Amelia got me an "in-style" white watch for my birthday. I've been wanting one for a while. Now maybe my "coolness" factor went up a notch, even though I did turn 30!


This was interesting trying to get a picture taken with all the kids. Amelia was clearly not in the mood to flash a big grin!


My cousin Madison (who turns 16 on July 8) and I blew out the candles together on our cupcake towers made by my mom. They were so yummy, especially with her home-made ice cream. I seriously think I had three helpings over the course of the day!



A big thank you to all my family and friends for celebrating the day with me. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you are still rockin it when you can stand next to a 16 year old hard body in a bikini!