Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too Hot!!!

With temperatures in the 90's and a heat index over 100 degrees, it has been "too hot" to do much around here. Amelia likes to say "too hot" or "too heavy" now, which is funny because she actually understands that it's more than hot or something is more than just heavy.

On this day, we went to my new classroom. Amelia "helped" me get some work done. Yeah right! She really just got everything out of my desk drawers and drew all over the chalkboard. Yes, I have old-school chalkboards! I couldn't believe that! This school is only 10 years old, but apparently, each grade of teachers chose what they wanted. I'm so glad I have a SMART Board!



Drawing me a picture...this only lasted long enough to snap a picture!


We actually got her to put sunglasses on "right-side-up"! Most of the time, she insists on wearing them upside down.



Hiding from us in the mud room--a favorite thing to do!



We decided to head to Playhouse Discovery in Cape Girardeau a couple weeks ago. It was pretty neat, just a few blocks from the river. Amelia wore herself out running all over the place!

Taking time out to do a puzzle


Her favorite part...THE SLIDE!


Playing with the magnetic alphabet with Mimi

Another favorite spot--the water table room
This section was super cute--a full out grocery store, complete with a checkout lane!


Getting ready for church...she found my high heels and insisted on wearing them! Not exactly the safest thing!










We no longer have any house plants. They have all been shipped outside due to a little girl that kept doing this...Caught-in-the-act!


Look how tall I am-three feet!



And check out my pig tails!

We are hoping the weather breaks soon so we can take a trip to the zoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun times!