About a week ago, it was storming when I was trying to put Amelia to bed. About 30 minutes after I left her room, she started crying, which is not totally uncommon. I went back in and got her out of bed to calm her down. We sat down in her rocking chair and this is what she told me:
Amelia: "It waining, mommy. It waining."
Me: "I know it's raining, but it will stop soon."
Amelia: "Boom, boom, mommy. It care me."
Me: (Feeling quite sorry for her, yet trying to hold in the laughter) "Oh, the thunder scared you?"
Amelia: "Yup!"
Me: "Well, it will stop raining soon and the thunder will stop, too, so it won't scare you anymore."
I am amazed at how she can carry on conversations now. It melts my heart when she tells me something "cares" her. Last night, while switching the inputs on the TV, it went to the fuzzy screen and the static sound was pretty loud. Amelia huddled up to me and said, "The TV cared me!" Poor little thing...she must be at the developmental stage where she's beginning to experience fear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment