Look How Old I Am!

Lilypie

Friday, October 21, 2011

Jenny Lee Wallace



On Saturday, October 8, 2011, we laid to rest Jenny Lee Wallace. She was our beloved little brown doggy who brought us so much joy for 16 years. Jenny was named by my cousins Julie and Jaimie. The movie Forrest Gump had just come out and she was named after the character, Jenny.



It was an extremely sad day for me as it brought back so many memories of my Grandma Diana and Grandpa Harvey...she was always my dog that lived at their house. I can remember when Jenny was an inside dog with her mom, Bitsy. When I spent the night here with my grandma and grandpa, Jenny and Bitsy would sleep in bed with me. Neither one of them lasted very long before they wanted to go outside. Jenny l-o-v-e-d being outside...except when it was cold! One winter I was determined to make her wear a doggy jacket when it was bitter cold and snowing. Once I put it on her, she refused to move! Needless to say, she wasn't very happy! Being part rat-terrier and part beagle, Jenny was quite a hunter-basically, anything that was alive in our yard stood a good chance of getting caught or at least chased off by her. This included rabbits, birds, squirrels, snakes, raccoons (yes, she took one on in our garage), and the latest, foxes.


Jenny was a good 'ol girl from the block...literally. She spent many mornings running down to Murph's house to steal Scruffy the cat's food, say hi to Harry and the neighbors, and then return home. Everyone in the neighborhood knew her! Jenny was always very patient with Amelia and even more patient with our two kitties. She even let us put her in the wagon with Amelia to go for a ride! She loved spending time outside with us on beautiful fall days, so it was fitting that we had crisp, clear blue skies to say goodbye. There will never be another Jenny. She was the best little doggy the world will ever know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so sweet. I will definitely remember sweet little Jenny forever!!! - Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being the most lovable and loyal doggie ever....love, Mom

Andrea said...

So sweet. I'm sorry about the passing of Jenny. I know how hard it is to loss a pet. They are like family. Hugs your way!