Amelia's early birthday present from Aunt Lori, Uncle Kevin, Lucas and Brock
Happy Fourth of July to you all! For those of you who don't know, I turned 29 yesterday. Yep, I'm a firecracker...hard to believe, I know. Daddy and Amelia surprised me with a 100 minute massage gift certificate. 100 minutes of complete relaxation and not having to do anything? Crazy, right? I cannot wait to schedule it. I mean, I don't even get 100 consecutive minutes of doing nothing while I'm sleeping because usually miss Amelia wakes up and wants her pacifier! I'm sure they'll have to roll me outta there when I'm done!
We had a family party at my mom and dad's house. Fortunately, the weather was perfect (last year I sat in the house and played Scrabble with Andy and my mom and dad while it was pouring down rain-I was counting down the days till Amelia arrived and to say that I was ready was a huge understatement!) and we had a wonderful day eating yummy ribs and chicken that my dad and Andy smoked in the pit on Saturday. My mom made delicious cupcakes and home-made ice cream to top it off! Amelia cooperated quite nicely by taking a 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon, which was very relaxing for mommy, too! I definitely feel like I've aged in the last year (I'm sure anyone who has given birth would agree with me here), but I wouldn't change any of it. Look out 30...I'm coming to get 'ya!


2 comments:
It was a great day - wasn't it! If only the West Coast family were here, it would have been a PERFECT day.
Love Amelia's new ride! Happy birthday, sounds like it was a good one!
Post a Comment