We had our first family bonfire last night at G & G Puckett's house. You may be wondering why I've included pictures of the pool cover--that is all wet. As you may have guessed, miss "I can sit still for more than 2.5 seconds" managed to walk onto the cover. I was right behind her, but I let her walk out a few steps, thinking that the cover would hold her up (we thought it was supposed to hold up like a trampoline). Wrong-O!!! Within three steps, Amelia was ankle deep in water. My "Supermommy" instincts kicked in and with lightning speed, I high-stepped it onto the cover after her, sinking almost knee deep in the water, grabbed Amelia, made a 90 degree turn and ran like a cat who's just been thrown into a pool. We got the heck outta there! Of course, then we were both soaked, so we had to run home and get some dry clothes, socks, and shoes. Whew! It all happened so quickly, that I really didn't realize what was going on-well, no one did, really. Dad didn't see Amelia run out onto the cover. He thought I'd lost my mind and just decided to try it out! We had a good laugh and it makes for a good story, but Geesh! This kid wears me out! Amelia didn't make it much longer at the bonfire. She sat with grandma and drank her milk, then it was bath time and off to bed. She spent the night so we could stay and visit past 8:00 p.m. It was a nice night to relax by the fire with chili, hot dogs, and of course, s'mores!!! Well, let me rephrase that...it was relaxing after my adrenaline slowed down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am not impressed...=:>(
Post a Comment