Finally...enough hair for actual pig tails!
Modeling our Hello Kitty Vans...thanks, Julie! We L-O-V-E them!
Same chair...same baby? Amelia at five weeks and at two years...I got the chair out to let a friend borrow it and Amelia jumped right in it. She looked at me like, "Where has this thing been?!"

"Hiding" from us at bath time

Waking up from her nap...see how much she loves HK?

Modeling her new HK apron from Auntie Chris

"Hiding" from us at bath time
Waking up from her nap...see how much she loves HK?
Modeling her new HK apron from Auntie Chris
Taking a walk in daddy's shoes
Before I begin, I just want to say that I hope I am not jinxing myself...
Now that Amelia is officially two, I am wondering when the terrible two's are going to start. I would like to think that we had the terrible one's; some (who am I kidding...MOST) days it sure seemed like it and comparatively speaking, as the months go by, things seem to get easier, for the most part!
Amelia had her two year well-check last week. Prior to her appointment, we talked about going to see Dr. Reddy and how much we love him. She was pretty pumped, to say the least. We even practiced opening her mouth (up to this point, he has had to pry her mouth open with a tongue depressor while we hold her down). While we were sitting in the room waiting for him to come in, Amelia starts saying, "Dr. Reddy come in, I open mouth." So Dr. Reddy finally came in and she says "Hi, Dr. Reddy, I open mouth." He proceeded to examine her while she sat extremely still, looking very proud of herself. And when it came time for her to open her mouth, did she??? Well, not exactly, but he was able to pry it open with his hands this time, with a little of her cooperation. I guess you could say that's progress!
Amelia weighs 33 pounds and is 35.5 inches tall. These are both in the 90th percentile; her weight is really starting to catch up...Dr. Reddy says we can cut back on her snacks and food and give her 2% milk now. This is a relief to us because we're always worried about her not eating enough "good stuff". She would eat chips and drink milk all day long if we let her!
What is Miss Amelia into these days? Her new favorites are: Bubble Guppies, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and Toy Story. She adores anything Hello Kitty (of course), loves to color, and is really getting into the whole "pretending" thing when she plays, especially with her new kitchen. She can say her ABC's, count to 13, and sing a variety of songs including: The Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, If You're Happy and You Know It, and many more! When she watches interactive TV shows like Dora and Elmo, she follows along and imitates the character's actions. She even knows all the sign language in the Baby Einstein videos...she does the sign before the lady on the video does it. I don't even know the signs she's doing!
Amelia is a lot of fun. She loves to laugh and be silly, running around the house like crazy one minute, then quietly playing or reading a book the next. Speaking of books, we think she might be a teacher one day because she is constantly drilling us on objects in books, pointing to them and asking "What dat?"
We are just beginning to get serious with potty training. We'll see how that goes. She is doing really well with going on the potty, but she still doesn't tell us when she has to go, which would be nice if she caught on to that quickly (my couch would be thankful, too)! As for her beloved "paci"...well, I just don't have the heart to take it away right now. Dr. Reddy says maybe wait till around Christmas when she's a little older and can more readily understand "giving it away" or Santa exchanging it for a present. I don't think she's ready to give it up yet and since she ONLY has it when she's going to sleep, I'm ok with it!


3 comments:
You are the best mommy ever! I am so blessed to have you for my wife, and Amelia for my little girl.
Andy
The very first picture tells it all....she is growing up....there's no way she would have sat still long enough for pig tails a few months ago! I love my baby(babies)!
Ms. Kitty Vans!!! Wowie! Thanks for the great update.
Post a Comment