Reaching for the camera
Yesterday Amelia turned 8 weeks old. We have finally made some progress in her bedtime routine. The most popular question we are asked is, "Is she sleeping through the night?" Up until two nights ago, she was not...I've been getting up with her since Andy went back to work. We would have to lay her on her stomach, wait for her to put herself to sleep, then roll her over. She would get up 1-2 times each night to eat. Thursday night I decided to once again try her sleep sack that has a swaddling feature on it. This has not worked too well in the past. Amazingly enough, Amelia slept until 3:45 a.m. the first night and last night she slept from 9:30 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. It was awesome!!! I'm so used to getting up, that I woke up to check on her at 3:00 a.m. and she was sound asleep. The best part is that she can now fall asleep on her back, which is obviously safer and much more convenient. Hopefully we have now developed a new sleeping habit/routine that will continue.


No comments:
Post a Comment